WINGX is bringing a new standard of business intelligence and analytics to the global business aviation industry. By leveraging big data tools and BI visualization platforms, we aim to transform the way in which our industry uses information to make better decisions.
WINGX provides market intelligence to the global business aviation industry. We are a young company based in Hamburg, Germany. Growing fast and with an excellent industry reputation, we are aiming to be the leading provider of BI tools and solutions to our sector.
We are looking for a highly motivated BI Product Manager to join our team, reporting directly to the Operational Managing Director.
Your Responsibilities will include;
- Working closely with our operations team to translate data sources, ideas and concepts into clearly defined, bespoke products and dashboards, dependent on client requirements on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly cycles.
- Aiding management team in deciding product pricing, speedy market launch and promotion strategies.
- Creating business intelligence tools and dashboards, using statistical processes, data models and dimensional analysis.
- Participation in the design, development, and management of data architecture and warehousing approaches using programming languages such as SQL, Excel, Sisense.
- Working closely with our commercial team, to acquire and respond to customer feedback and queries on BI tools, providing corrective or additional research as required.
- Project-manage backlog of customer requirements as well as WINGX initiatives for additional product features and improved user experience.
- Aiding the road-map for product design and build, and closely project-managing the achievement of milestones to ensure product deployment in the market. Recommending to the management team on ways to improve existing products, such as additional data sources, improved product design, or modified commercial proposition.
Problem-solving and technical aptitude to work out how to translate rich data sources into meaningful and comprehensible business intelligence products and dashboards.
Proficient in managing and manipulating large data sets, with critical emphasis on accuracy in calculating and presenting meaningful analysis.
Commercial aptitude to be able to identify how our BI relates to the interests of our customers and provide actionable insight.
Strong communication skills, liaising directly with clients and internal stakeholders, clearly conveying requirements and suggestions to our operations and commercial teams.
Ability to thrive in hard-working start-up culture, within an informal management structure, taking on multiple different roles, displaying lots of initiative.
Strong quantitative skills, which may include: data-mining, modelling, extraction and manipulation; data transformation, experience in working with data visualisation software; know-how of statistical tools and methodologies.
Must have: Strong Excel skills including Power-Pivot
Nice to have (familiarity/experience of): VBA programming, SQL programming, R, Tableau, Python, QlickView, Sisense, database knowledge EG Hadoop, Mongo DB)
- Excellent academic credentials. Aeronautical and/or Economics, Statistics, Computer Science degrees welcome.
- Specific experience in Business Intelligence analytical roles and/or in Tech, Data, Digital environment would be welcome
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Any other languages a plus, especially German.
Please send your application via email to email@example.com with subject line ‘BI Product Manager’ and attach:
- CV in English
- Covering letter in English